Thursday, April 24, 2008

An Inflation First



Sorry I haven't posted in a while, it's been a busy few weeks. Last weekend I drove up to Denver from Santa Fe and I got my first real inflation shock.

For the first time ever I spent $100 on gas in one day.

I did two fillups and that's all it took to put me over that limit. I also had to fill up twice on the way back and again on Wednesday.So, since last Thursday, I've spent close to $250 on gasoline.

Holy crap that's a lot!

Also, since last Thursday when I filled up in Santa Fe, gas has gone from $3.39/gallon to $3.65/gallon. Again, this is in one week.

I'm pretty confident that my $4/gallon prediction will happen in the next month.

Once again, I just wanted to thank our illustrious leaders for leading us down this path of inflation hell. How are those rate cuts working for you?

So, Ben Bernake and the Feds have desperately and recklessly cut the Fed funds rate to save the banks and the housing market. They have failed miserably because housing is still imploding and the banks are still insolvent (for making too many bad loans to jerkoffs that could never afford them).

Now the value of the dollar is imploding (it's fallen from 82.5 down to 72.5 since they started cutting rates last August). Energy and food prices are exploding (now we have rice rationing at Sam's Club and Costco). Rates on money market funds are in the 1 - 1.5% range - well below the current rate of inflation.

This is the Fed solution, blow another bubble to bail out the housing bubble. Only this time we get a commodity bubble and people are going to starve to death! Right now, people in Haiti are eating DIRT because they can't afford food anymore!

We are being led by failures who don't know when to stop making bad decisions. I urge you to call your Senators and Represenatives and tell them to stop bailing out the morons who caused this mess. Tell them to stop spending money we don't have and tell them to stop destroying the dollar and the economy!

Do something, or else you'll be left with nothing.

No comments: